Winchester 1887, Chiappa Firearms

Will Poon

I'm after one of these as it's unusual, searching high and low I can see only a few used ones but came across chiappa firearms group in Manchester that sells them NEW , I presume they are replicas of the genuine one so before I give them a ring has any one got any info on the gun in question or the company itself thanks :)

Chiappa are an Italian company:

http://chiappafirearms.com/product/831

There is also a Chinese copy made by Norinco.

The Italian copy is twice the price of the Chinese but should have better fit and finish, comes in multi-choke form and is guaranteed as long as you own it.

There are other importers of the Chiappa, for example:

http://westernshootingsupplies.com/page2.htm

Oh, I almost forgot, they're a *heap* of fun to shoot. :)

Regards,

Mark.

is that a shotgun the 94 winchester?

The lever-action shotgun is the Winchester 9410 and clones:

[]=410%20gauge"] www.guntrader.co.uk/mobile/gunSearch.php?1&fetch=Calibre&Filter%5BNewType%5D%5B%5D=Shotgun&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Lever%20Action

I've only ever actually *handled* my Chiappa but, from the photos and video that I've seen, I reckon that it'll be a case of "you get what you pay for".

The Aussies, by the way, are fans of lever-action shotguns - they *have* to be since pump and semi-auto shotguns are banned, as far as I'm aware.

Regards,

Mark.

P.S. Sorry - I'm having trouble getting the link working and, typing this on a tablet, I'm not keen to faff about any longer. Just search for lever-action shotguns... :)

Edited by ChAoS

The lever-action shotgun is the Winchester 9410 and clones:

[]=410%20gauge"] www.guntrader.co.uk/mobile/gunSearch.php?1&fetch=Calibre&Filter%5BNewType%5D%5B%5D=Shotgun&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Lever%20Action

I've only ever actually *handled* my Chiappa but, from the photos and video that I've seen, I reckon that it'll be a case of "you get what you pay for".

The Aussies, by the way, are fans of lever-action shotguns - they *have* to be since pump and semi-auto shotguns are banned, as far as I'm aware.

Regards,

Mark.

P.S. Sorry - I'm having trouble getting the link working and, typing this on a tablet, I'm not keen to faff about any longer. Just search for lever-action shotguns... :)

Hi mark so you can reccomend this manufacturer ? As I'm still thinking about this type of lever action , looking at their current catalog there are several ones to choose from which one do you have or can recommend ,I'm only using it for fun at my clay grounds by the way :) thanks will