.22LR & .22 short ammo - Eley, CCI, Remington

sterling

Hi all,

I've finally found a round that's quiet, groups well and will eject live from a tight chamber, so now for sale are:

.22LR:

40 x Eley subsonic (hollowpoint)

75 x CCI subsonic (hollow point)

85 x Remington thunderbolt (solid)

.22 short:

50 x Eley (solid)

£7 for the lot, collection from Kidderminster DY12 area. Goes without saying that you'll need your FAC with relevant conditions.

Thanks!

Edited by sterling

I would think he has picked Winchester as he not selling any of them

and them are the ones i use and love um

Spot on switch - you ever thought about a career as a detective? :) . In my cz452 american, the Winchester subs shoot 1/2" groups at 50 metres all day long, extract live and whack rabbits harder than any other round I've used. They're also pretty clean, quiet and so far don't seem to have the odd supersonic round in the box like some brands do.

As far as high velocity goes; the 38grain Eley hollowpoints seem to perform really nicely and aren't worryingly tight in the chamber like CCI and Eley subs are.

Now I've got to find an affordable solid target round that the gun likes...

Spot on switch - you ever thought about a career as a detective? :) . In my cz452 american, the Winchester subs shoot 1/2" groups at 50 metres all day long, extract live and whack rabbits harder than any other round I've used. They're also pretty clean, quiet and so far don't seem to have the odd supersonic round in the box like some brands do.

As far as high velocity goes; the 38grain Eley hollowpoints seem to perform really nicely and aren't worryingly tight in the chamber like CCI and Eley subs are.

Now I've got to find an affordable solid target round that the gun likes...

what range will you be using solids at

i have some cci quiets that group brilliantly at 30-40 yards

colin

what range will you be using solids at

i have some cci quiets that group brilliantly at 30-40 yards

Cheers Colin. The solids are just for range use around 50m so I don't think the cci quiets will fit the bill. They look like they'd bridge the gap between air rifle and full power rimfire though. I'm just after an affordable target solid that groups ok and will eject live. I reckon there's a market for .22lr sample packs because it's a pain having to buy a full box to find out your rifle hates them!

Cheers Colin. The solids are just for range use around 50m so I don't think the cci quiets will fit the bill. They look like they'd bridge the gap between air rifle and full power rimfire though. I'm just after an affordable target solid that groups ok and will eject live. I reckon there's a market for .22lr sample packs because it's a pain having to buy a full box to find out your rifle hates them!

they not ideal for 50 yard shots i got them as they fit the gap where the air rifle use to be as it has now gone

colin