hi im new

DaveB1

hi after going shooting agian after 10 year gap i really enjoyed it so i am now doing the long wait for a licence,

so at the moment i am using Armi silma supreme sporter (well my dads gun ) think that it has a 30inc barrel

just woundering if the lengh has anything to do with my height/size?

also been looking at a berreta silver pigeon 1 would like a clay gun but maybe do some game shooting later on. is this gun a good all rounder?

any help would be great thanks

Dave

You mean length of barrel I presume? I don't really think so bar maybe smaller framed people may want a lighter easier wielded gun? I think the trend for sporters is getting longer barell lengths, thinking behind it is it's meant to give a smoother swing and stability. If you want a clay gun that you use for game also then I'd prob go for 28 or 30inch but not worry about it too much. Not sure about silver pigeon.

Edited by altnipper

im 6.2 an about 15stone i picked up a few in the shop, having quite a long neck wondered if a standard stock would be good for me.

looks like i will have to do more reasearch want to try an get the right gun fist time rather then keep changing

thanks for your replys

Dave

im 6.2 an about 15stone i picked up a few in the shop, having quite a long neck wondered if a standard stock would be good for me.

looks like i will have to do more reasearch want to try an get the right gun fist time rather then keep changing

thanks for your replys

Dave

Wel I am 6'4" and I find any LOP less than 15 is too small but that depends if your length is in your legs or body..... I have spent five weeks looking and trying all sorts of guns and found one that not only fitted but feels real good when mounting. Turns out it is a 25 year old Laurona o/u with 15" lop and 30 " barrels - real gem - not very pretty but I want it to shoot things not look good.

Just have a look around and handle as many as you can and you'll know what feels good and what doesn't.

:-)