Iv got the best pigeon shooting over nothing but grass :D

dazzyboi

Went out on my permission today to see un-known terratory, because its right on the edge of wentwood forrest.

So headed towards the woods, got to a field which had a brillaint spot at the front corner, the field had its own little wood tucked away in the corner, loads of tree's with no cover for the birds to hide in, all in close quarters and within shooting distance..Sat down there and watched for abit...

The amount of pigeons i seen flying straight over me heading towards the woods behind me was unbelivable. Iv never seem so many of them. left, right, flying straight over my head, although i took my rifle i was more intreged by watching. I did how ever see a little tree rat (squirrel) popping out the hedge row, stuffing his face, then popping back in. He did this about 4 times i watched him pop out and go back in, only problem it was a good 50 yards away so i stalked him when he popped back in. I sat next to a tree and waited. Out he came, crosshairs on him at 20 yards but something spooked him, he assumed the upright position then bolted out of sight.

I cant wait to get my shotgun now, when i left this little wood part, i looked back and about 10 pigeons landed just where i was.Going try taking them with the rifle if i dont get my shotgun soon.

On the shoot I belong to I have the same situation (except the pigeon numbers :lol: ). I decoy on the grass near the woods and the pigeons pop into the pattern before roosting. The system works well as long as I leave it a week before trying it again.

Seems fine, i dont plan to go everyday and im going to alternate shoots anyway

There seems to be a steady flow of a mix of pigeons and crows certainly a large number coming throughout the day (about mid dayish) and the roost shooting im guessing will be just as good, will have to go and sit over there one evening and watch them come home to roost.

There seems to be a steady flow of a mix of pigeons and crows certainly a large number coming throughout the day (about mid dayish) and the roost shooting im guessing will be just as good, will have to go and sit over there one evening and watch them come home to roost.

This is where you will miss the air rifle..........keep it quiet............and roost shoot...