rabbit skins

Jody

Hi all I'm after some rabbit skins/ whole rabbits all the rabbits on my permissions seem to have vanished I've not seen one for over 2 months now I may have shot them all! I want them to tan and use for dog training I'm happy to tan some for who ever gets me them to I will turn them in to a nice white leather which can be used for all sorts of different things. You will need to live in or near hertfordshire or bedfordshire. I will of corse pick them up from you.

Makes them stronger and lasts longer the skin is quite thin when its stitched they can rip if its tanned they don't rip easy. I've done a pheasant skin to was quite a job doing that bit still have all the feathers on.

I gave up to the stitching lark years ago personally, I throw them in muddy / wet fields so I treat them as disposable. Just air dry skins and glue them on to std canvass dummies with foaming glue secured with a few cable ties till dry. wings get put on with two strong cable ties tight around dummies with smaller ones hinging the air dried wings on. I like them to smell as like the real thing as possible. when they get manky I just rip them off and replace. As for tanning a pheasant skin? your training ground must be very clean to go to that trouble- I have seen these for sale and its cheaper to just buy a load of real pheasants if you don't shoot

I shoot so get lots of pheasants just find it lasts longer if I do that only wanted to try the pheasant one to see if I could do it. I use the tanned skins to get them used to the feel then use dead rabbits after that but shot all my ones so need to find new land with more on. My pups a long way off this I'm helping a friend out with his dog to train. I use glue and cable ties for the pheasant skin but stitch the rabbit one usually.

I shoot so get lots of pheasants just find it lasts longer if I do that only wanted to try the pheasant one to see if I could do it. I use the tanned skins to get them used to the feel then use dead rabbits after that but shot all my ones so need to find new land with more on. My pups a long way off this I'm helping a friend out with his dog to train. I use glue and cable ties for the pheasant skin but stitch the rabbit one usually.

Each to their own, mine got mixi here otherwise I should send you a load