New Air Rifle has arrived

sandersj89

Big Grin

:good:

Well my AA410 Carbine arrived today. I read the manual a couple of times, fitted the scope and roughly set it to zero by hand, then the silencer and then out into the field for a few test shots against a hand made target.

Target set at 30 meters and the intial 10 shots. 2" grouping on line but 5" low.

Adjust the scope and next 10 shots up about 4".

Got a bit dark so stopped for now.

But very impressed. Quiet and easy to handle. Trigger a bit light at the moment.

Very pleased and I can see lots of fun on it's way! Will zero properly at the weekend and then it is off to my parents farm in Devon for half term with the kids. Hope to try it out against some rabbits then....

Hope to get a few hours in over the decoys to with my shot gun, they are drilling winter wheat at the moment!

:D

Jerry

:)

Big Grin

:good:

Well my AA410 Carbine arrived today. I read the manual a couple of time, fitted the scope nd roughly set it to zero by hand, then the silencer and then out into the field for a few test shots against a hand made target.

Target set at 30 meters and the intial 10 shots. 2" grouping on line but 5" low.

Adjust the scope and next 10 shots up about 4".

Got a bit dark so stopped for now.

But very impressed. Quiet and easy to handle. Trigger a bit light at the moment.

Very pleased and I can see lots of fun on it's way! Will zero properly at the weekend and then it is off to my parents farm in Devon for half term with the kids. Hope to try it out against some rabbits then....

Hope to get a few hours in over the decoys to with my shot gun, they are drilling winter wheat at the moment!

Jerry

Lucky *** :lol:

I havnt even had ago with a PCP, dont know how they shoot compared to a springer, im still in the dark ages :D

That's a very nice rifle you've got youself. Good choice! Once it settles down and you get used to it, you should have no trouble hitting a 2p coin 40m away. One tip though-although the manual says fill to 190 bar, keep it to 175-180 max and it will be much more consistant. I don't know why, but air arms rifles just like it that way :good:

Thanks, will be interesting getting back into rifle shooting having spent most of my time with shotguns. Did plenty of rifle shooting at school with the cadet force though, including a 2 week marksman course with the Devon and Dorset regiment.

Mind you a .303 with leaf sights at 250 yards is a bit different to my new acquistion! (Big bang though!)

Jerry

Good choice,

I bought an AAs410k .22 thumb hole walnut a couple of months ago,

its my first PCP and I was very impressed with the accuracy, having owned and used an HW77k for years, I thought that was consistant and accurate.

Enjoy your'e new rifle I still am!!

I have had my AAS410 for about 4yrs now and I love it :) . Exept 1 thing its got no safety catch :good::D . I can send it to Air Arms and have one of the new triggers fitted with the integral safety catch for about £50,

I have had hours of fun with mine and bagged lots of rabbits. IMO its the perfect allround rifle weather your knocking down targets or live quarry. I have had no problems what so ever with it :lol: . ( exept I cant get out with it as much as I would like to) :) .

you wont regret your purchase sandersj89.

Im in the process of applying for my FAC and the AAS410 EXTRA will be my first choice of FAC air rifle without a doubt :lol: .

good luck with yours and I hope it gives you as much pleasure as I have had with mine.

kipper :lol: