Lamps and Pellets

sandersj89

The new rifle (AA410 carbine) is now zero’ed at 35m and I am happily making 1†groups at the moment, getting better slowly and at the moment most of my shooting is at dusk in low light so not ideal. I did opt for the MIL dot illuminated scope though which certainly helps.

But I have also bought a Deben Mini Pro lamp with 4 coloured filters.

This evening I popped it on the gun and aligned it and tried a few shots. I was amazed to see the pellet along it’s flight path! Something I never saw when I used to use a .22 rim fire at night. There was a noticeable arc to the pellet!

Seems a good lamp and the dimmer switch is ideal. It will be put to the test next week at the farm, of the back of a pickup I expect.

Jerry

The new rifle (AA410 carbine) is now zero’ed at 35m and I am happily making 1†groups at the moment, getting better slowly and at the moment most of my shooting is at dusk in low light so not ideal. I did opt for the MIL dot illuminated scope though which certainly helps.

But I have also bought a Deben Mini Pro lamp with 4 coloured filters.

This evening I popped it on the gun and aligned it and tried a few shots. I was amazed to see the pellet along it’s flight path! Something I never saw when I used to use a .22 rim fire at night. There was a noticeable arc to the pellet!

Seems a good lamp and the dimmer switch is ideal. It will be put to the test next week at the farm, of the back of a pickup I expect.

Jerry

A few years ago i popped into an army surplus tore in Chelmsford and found on sale a small box of Crosman pellets which had a lead head and a luminous greenish/yellow plastic jacket which when held under a lamp for a couple of minutes glowed in the dark. I think they are/were called Tracerpell. Well I bought these on a whim (£5 for a box of 100) and tried them at home out of my .22 Gamo CF 30 (open sights at the time and was amazed as to how visible these things were. When I bought my Daystate Prestiege X2 and had put on my Nikko Sterling 3-9 IR scope, I tried them again. Well it was looking at the Night vision news coverage of Iraq through the scope with these tracer Pell glowing extremely brightly. God knows what these things look like through a NV scope, they must blind you :good: