Baikal IJ-27-E Pierced Primers

Dannydp

Hi

Could anyone shed some light on my problem please? My Baikal has been piercing primers on the bottom barrel on all sorts of cartridges. I've had the firing pins out and the bottom barrel pin is pitted and very black. I’ve cleaned it up twice now and polished the end with some fine grit wet n dry. The last time I did it I shortened the pin by roughly .5ml to see if this would help, but it didn’t. The pin is smooth and rounded with no lips or sharp edges. Something I have noticed though is that the slide that cocks the hammer is stiff on the bottom barrel. I'm not sure of the name of the part. Could this be the cause of the problem?

If you click the link and scroll down the page there is a picture of the internals of a Baikal. The internals in my gun look identical even thought this is a different model

http://www.sportinggun.co.uk/guns/53011 ... eview.html

Help much appreciated.

Hammer spring looks fine. Firing pins are easily fixed, its no trouble to polish and reshape them. My worry is I keep shortening it a little at a time to try and solve the problem but the problem may not be the pin being to long. I can get a new pin made for £20 from a local gunsmith so all is not lost. May have to just persevere with the shortening and if it doesn’t resolve the problem, get a new firing pin made and move on to making the cocking rod move a little more freely. I have a 75 bird clay shoot tomorrow at Barthomley so the latest attempt to shorten the pin be put to the test.