Beretta AL391 Question

two-barrels

the question begs with IMO an extremly light recoiling semi, why do you feel you need a recoil reducer :ernyha:??

The AL391 Teknys Gold is Beretta’s ultimate field autoloader. With an added suite of features, it becomes the AL391 Teknys Gold Target, the ultimate autoloader for sporting clays, skeet, and trap. You’ll pick it out instantly. The receiver is distinctively engraved with a stylized Beretta logo on the left side, and both sides feature blue enameled inserts that unite the receiver and buttstock in a stylistic look that distinguishes the Target model from the green-enameled field gun. The self-compensating gas operating system regulates ammunition of varying ballistics, and has been thoroughly proven in the successful AL391 Urika series. Fitted in the buttstock of every Teknys Gold Target shotgun is an 8.5-ounce recoil reducer based on the spring-mass system pioneered in the original 3-1/2 inch, 12-gauge Xtrema. If reduced weight is required by the shooter, the system is easily removed without the need of a gunsmith. Those who want to keep a forward balance and add weight can opt to use the supplied magazine cap weight/balance system. Through the use of secure interchangeable ribs, one truly has the ultimate “do-it-all†Target gun for trap, skeet, and sporting clays. The inclusion of an additional stepped rib provides one the opportunity to have a second sight picture for trap targets.

from the beretta page

the question begs with IMO an extremly light recoiling semi, why do you feel you need a recoil reducer :ernyha:??

The AL391 Teknys Gold is Beretta’s ultimate field autoloader. With an added suite of features, it becomes the AL391 Teknys Gold Target, the ultimate autoloader for sporting clays, skeet, and trap. You’ll pick it out instantly. The receiver is distinctively engraved with a stylized Beretta logo on the left side, and both sides feature blue enameled inserts that unite the receiver and buttstock in a stylistic look that distinguishes the Target model from the green-enameled field gun. The self-compensating gas operating system regulates ammunition of varying ballistics, and has been thoroughly proven in the successful AL391 Urika series. Fitted in the buttstock of every Teknys Gold Target shotgun is an 8.5-ounce recoil reducer based on the spring-mass system pioneered in the original 3-1/2 inch, 12-gauge Xtrema. If reduced weight is required by the shooter, the system is easily removed without the need of a gunsmith. Those who want to keep a forward balance and add weight can opt to use the supplied magazine cap weight/balance system. Through the use of secure interchangeable ribs, one truly has the ultimate “do-it-all†Target gun for trap, skeet, and sporting clays. The inclusion of an additional stepped rib provides one the opportunity to have a second sight picture for trap targets.

from the beretta page

Cheers for this mine is the field tekny's & is not fitted, however i have one here to fit but i am not 100% sure how it fits in the butt section of the gun....

http://www.berettaservices.com/index.aspx?m=53&did=652

Click "I accept", Scroll down to "long guns", second from top.

This Direct Link might also work.

A mate of mine put his away soaking wet and it seized, I used that manual to strip, polish and re-finish his and its working fine now. In that manual it states how to alter the drop/cast as well as fit the two different types of Beretta pad.

HTH

http://www.berettaservices.com/index.aspx?m=53&did=652

Click "I accept", Scroll down to "long guns", second from top.

This Direct Link might also work.

A mate of mine put his away soaking wet and it seized, I used that manual to strip, polish and re-finish his and its working fine now. In that manual it states how to alter the drop/cast as well as fit the two different types of Beretta pad.

HTH

Cheers mate i have this manual but it does not show how to fit the recoil reduction system into the butt section.....

Right, now I am totally confused.

What recoil?

My lass shoots mine and doesn't even mention the recoil.

I must be doing something wrong cos there is certainly recoil with mine. Thats why i am fitting a recoil reducing system to see if that helps. ive got it sorted now so i will have to wait untill tomoz to see if it has helped or not?

Could i be doing something wrong ?

The 391 in my cabinet doesn't really have any recoil to speak of. For me neither does the 686 white onyx with 28g carts.

Without launching into the "what the hell" perhaps its worth discovering who is shooting this gun, what they are feeling and more importantly where, and how..

If you are shooting 50g+ carts at geese, well, they do have recoil...

as i said before, where is this recoil coming from, i have three beretta autos none of which give jam, the 390 and 2 391's all can be fired with one hand, even sending 1-1/8 oz supersporters down the barrel, i would like to know how your gun differs from mine, my recoil reducers (suplied with 2 guns) went south, with it fitted the gun becomes slugish on crossing birds having the extra weight in the stock.

if i may make a suggestion, find someone with a single barrel Biakel, shoot a dozen rounds through it then pick up your auto and do the same :drinks::stupid: , you want recoil :ernyha: .

seriously though, something isnt right for you to be concerned with recoil in your 391, have you spent enough time shooting it, are you holding it wrong, try a few things first before you fit that thing.

Martin

as i said before, where is this recoil coming from, i have three beretta autos none of which give jam, the 390 and 2 391's all can be fired with one hand, even sending 1-1?8 oz supersporters down the barrel, i would like to know how your gun differs from mine, my recoil reducers (suplied with 2 guns) went south, with it fitted the gun becomes slugish on crossing birds having the extra weight in the stock.

if i may make a suggestion, find someone with a single barrel Biakel, shoot a dozen rounds through it then pick up your auto and do the same ;):lol: , you want recoil :drinks: .

seriously though, something isnt right for you to be concerned with recoil in your 391, have you spent enough time shooting it, are you holding it wrong, try a few things first before you fit that thing.

Martin

To be honest mate i havent spent enough time shooting it, i think maybe i might be expecting too much, I dont know, I am use to shooting u/o so maybe I will give this a bit more time, From what people was saying a think i was expecting it to be more like a springer air gun :ernyha::stupid:. Maybe i am holding it wrong i dont know, i am holding it just like i did my u/o....Hope fully i will be taking it out today so i will try a few differant things & see what happens. Its got to be said the last few times i have taken it out i have been very successful with the pigeons so i recon it could be me like you say under estimating it...

i shoot clays regular, and run many thousands ofrounds through my guns, its not uncommon to go out for a round of 200-250 in the morning running my brownings o/u's , then in the afternoon running another 300-400 through the semi for "fun" , get used to the gun, shoot it lots you find your comfort zone, but mainly get out of your head that its going to belt you one, it wont , a lot of my instruction with " junior and women" shooters is done with the auto, easier to handle, a lot easier on the kids shoulders too, not to mention the fact they can hold up an auto with less strain than a multi barrel gun, stick with it buddy :good::good:

Martin

see attached pic's the auto is her favorite gun, the other little item is her vermin gun :angry::good::good::lol:

post-1145-1162656928.jpg

post-1145-1162656990.jpg

Cheers mate i have this manual but it does not show how to fit the recoil reduction system into the butt section.....

Page 27 & 28 show exactly that :good:

see attached pic's the auto is her favorite gun, the other little item is her vermin gun :good::good::angry::good:

Serious .50cal action there, what is that?

Page 27 & 28 show exactly that :/

see attached pic's the auto is her favorite gun, the other little item is her vermin gun :stupid::no::P:no:

Serious .50cal action there, what is that?

sorry pin just seen the reply, there were three .50's at tthe range that day, a Barret an EDM windrunner , and i think it was an accuracy int'l, i never got to play that day :lol: :o next time though