Red legged partridges

We bought in 50, these are put straight into arks for a few weeks to settle before being released, unfortunately one of the arks was tampered with and the birds lost before settling into the area. so basing our numbers on 32 birds we shot 9. Not major numbers they just give an edge to the sport and provide some competitive fun with running a partridge pot sweep

Edited by Paul223

Released 100 on just less than 200 acres. Shot 15. Which was about half of what was actually still on the ground a couple of weeks after release. The rest spent the winter on one of the neighbours farm where every field was stubble. That was the first time we had released partridge on this shoot, I will do again but probably only 50 or 60 next season.

Another shoot I am involved with released 150 and shot about 60. These birds are released onto stubble with a few acres of Mustard broadcast as cover, except last season the mustard completely failed but the partridge held (surpisingly) well enough in the hedge bottoms.

I find if you can get Redlegs released in peace and quiet and hold them for at least a few weeks then yopu have them for the rest of teh season, they seem to get hefted onto that ground.