Better than an Easter Egg (my new .410 sportsman)

Wagtail

Hi All

Happy Easter. I thought I'd post some pictures on my Easter present to myself. It's a Webley & Scott .410 Sportsman which is the three shot version of the standard version. From what i can understand they're not too common? I was after a Norica but this came up, until then I dedn't know they even made them. I bought it blind over the net and picket it up on Saturday and have to say I am really chuffed with it. The bore is immaculate and the rest is not too bad overall. The best bit was the price at £95!

Can't wait to get out and have a go with it. Does anyone know anything about the sportsman model, in particular when it may have been built please?

post-57602-0-66490800-1364834889_thumb.jpgpost-57602-0-13202800-1364834913_thumb.jpgpost-57602-0-82129000-1364834939_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Wagtail Congratulations on your purchase The .410 3 shot sportsman is a great little gun I got one some years back because the 3 shot was the first shotgun i ever had at 17 I used to drop the woodcock no problem, plenty of pigeons. one of the most pointable small bores going and much underestimated. Years later i was mad at myself for trading it in for a 12 bore. Well built in the webley tradition and will go on and on. Mine is in excellent condition and I treasure it. They were made from 73-76 I believe and depending on your serial no it will be in those years. Mine is an early one. Best of luck you will enjoy that little gun. jg452