What binoculars ?

Strathspey binos are good check out there website , also opticron , viking and and I once had a pair of swifts they are usually v.good cheaper japanese ones , some of the ussr pairs are good too (hold columnation well) , but the best i.m.o are leupold if you are off to the states.Do not look through any swarovskis or liecas and you will be happy with the cheaper ones!!

Take a look at the Hawke range of bino's before you make your final choice. I bought a pair of Nature Trek' ones for around £90. These are excellent and carry a 10 year warranty. I sold a pair of Kahles bino's, which retail at over £700, because they did not get the use that they deserved, and needed another 'cheaper' pair to replace them. I was amazed at the clarity of the Hawke ones, and, to be honest, would find it really hard to see the difference in quality between the two, especially regarding the vast difference in price. These really are excellent bino's and are well worth the money.

Here's a link to them, although I did not buy mine from this firm.

http://www.fotosense.co.uk/hawke-nature-trek-8x42-binoculars-ha3922.html?gclid=CKT4wfTqxLYCFRMQtAodeWYAoA#fo_c=77&fo_k=a6138b1b8e5fcf91cafc7580cb9d8207&fo_s=gplauk

Take a look at the Hawke range of bino's before you make your final choice. I bought a pair of Nature Trek' ones for around £90. These are excellent and carry a 10 year warranty. I sold a pair of Kahles bino's, which retail at over £700, because they did not get the use that they deserved, and needed another 'cheaper' pair to replace them. I was amazed at the clarity of the Hawke ones, and, to be honest, would find it really hard to see the difference in quality between the two, especially regarding the vast difference in price. These really are excellent bino's and are well worth the money.

Here's a link to them, although I did not buy mine from this firm.

http://www.fotosense.co.uk/hawke-nature-trek-8x42-binoculars-ha3922.html?gclid=CKT4wfTqxLYCFRMQtAodeWYAoA#fo_c=77&fo_k=a6138b1b8e5fcf91cafc7580cb9d8207&fo_s=gplauk