Iscope

martyn2233

I just ordered one from Gilsan Sports and the lady I spoke to on the telephone could not have been nicer. The price was £99 and although their minimum order for free delivery was £100 she said it was close enough and did not charge for delivery. It arrived this morning "next day" so I am very happy with that service.

My iPhone 4 fits into the bracket nicely.

The iScope App is 65p but really not very good. A better alternative is an App called VideoZoom2 which is also 65p.

Now the problem - quite a big problem.

A tube slides over the riflescope and there are four screws positioned around the tube to tighten it onto the scope. On the end of each screw is a small rubber pad with a small piece of felt glued to the pad, this is to avoid scratching the scope.

I can only just fit the tube over my Simmons scope if I first remove the felt pads, leaving only the rubber pads. With the felt pads in place it will not fit.

I cannot fit it to my Hawke Eclipse unless I remove the felt pads and also the rubber pads, leaving a bare metal screw end which will certainly scratch my scope.

I will get in touch with the manufacturers as this is really silly. The tube should be about 4mm bigger diameter or fit in a different way. Perhaps I can get around it by wrapping some insulating tape around the scope to protect it against scratching but for £99 I expect better. "The iScope fits over 90% of scopes"....... "and can be custom ordered for the rest".

It does not fit my Nikon Monarch or my Hawke NiteEye. So none of my four scopes will fit.

How come none of the reviewers thought to mention this!

So, a well made product, expensive but that is normal for these items. Now I have the hassle of making it fit without damaging my scopes. It does work though, the recording is not too bad.

I just checked their web site again and it says that it will fit scopes from 31mm to 46mm dia. My Simmons is 41.5mm, Hawke 46mm. The inside diameter of the tube is 51mm so it does fit over the scope. A pity they did not think through the protection pads rather more carefully as there is too little clearance.

Edited by dadioles

I'm looking at having some basic models of these being made at the minute, idea seems great but I'm thinking a lot easier to use, along the same lines as the way the camera mounts on an NS200. Hoping to have them at about £40 ish delivered with a bit of luck. Will get measuring scopes and work out a way of sizing it. 39-42mm, 42-46mm, 46-50mm etc. will keep people posted!!

I'm looking at having some basic models of these being made at the minute, idea seems great but I'm thinking a lot easier to use, along the same lines as the way the camera mounts on an NS200. Hoping to have them at about £40 ish delivered with a bit of luck. Will get measuring scopes and work out a way of sizing it. 39-42mm, 42-46mm, 46-50mm etc. will keep people posted!!

Hi fella

Been looking at the iscope and after what dadioles has said I'll,wait and see what you can produce please keep us posted.

Cheers gaz