Lamp for a shotgun

dazzyboi

Im hating not being able to get home from work in time before it gets dark, i want to try and dabble in abit of lamping, with the shotgun, i know im allowed to do it because the permission i have there is one other bloke who goes shooting on there, and he goes lamping for rabbits/foxes at night with a 12bore, not very often though.

Problem is i would much rather a self oporating lamp, or will it be better using 2 bodies?

Im hating not being able to get home from work in time before it gets dark, i want to try and dabble in abit of lamping, with the shotgun, i know im allowed to do it because the permission i have there is one other bloke who goes shooting on there, and he goes lamping for rabbits/foxes at night with a 12bore, not very often though.

Problem is i would much rather a self oporating lamp, or will it be better using 2 bodies?

You can get connectors that allows you to fit a lamp on to a shotgun barrel !!! :stupid::stupid:

You can get connectors that allows you to fit a lamp on to a shotgun barrel !!! :stupid::stupid:

Cool, im going to have to look these up

Cool, im going to have to look these up

I think light force are the main ones that do then

http://www.deben.com/lightsandlamping/ligh...ries/mounts.htm

they r ok but its better to have 2 of u, as ur pointing the light at things witch means thats were your barrel is, so u r scanning the horizon with your shotgun witch for saftey reason can be dangerous as u may point it at livestock and it accidently goes off etc, accidents do happend, also as you will have to give forrward lead on some rabbits the barrel the light wont nessecarily be on the target but on the ground infront of the target witch can mean you will misjudge a shot because the rabbits out of the light in the dark, get a mate to come with you makes for a better evening

also as you will have to give forrward lead on some rabbits the barrel the light wont nessecarily be on the target but on the ground infront of the target witch can mean you will misjudge a shot because the rabbits out of the light in the dark

My wabbits disagree with this statement :lol:

I've the Lightforce under barrel attachment for the 140 Lance, works great. Will mount under a side by side, O/U and Semi auto no hassle. Be safe, have fun :shout:

never been lamping with a shotgun? lampin comes in many forms, u can lye up and wait with a lamp mounted on a scope for example, u can drive round in a 4x4 with a rifle or a shotgun, u can walk round with rifle or shotgun and a lamp operater, yes a shotguns louder but i honestly have to say down were i shoot i probably get more by burning around in a 4x4 with a shotgun than i wud creeping round with a rifle, after all you can take more rabbits on the run!

i probably get more by burning around in a 4x4 with a shotgun than i wud creeping round with a rifle, after all you can take more rabbits on the run!

sorry but have to disagree with the above statement strongly

as theres no way you could shoot more rabbits with a noisey short range shot gun

against a sound moded .22 with silencer

cheers kirky