Looking for Land

tazman

Hi all,

I am currently trying to find some land in the west midklands area where i can have a walk with my airgun.

I have been shooting shotguns and air rifles scince i was 8 with my father. I have just lost some land i used to shoot as it has been sold for a housing development :rolleyes:

I have been looking for a while now but i usually get the the sorry but no thanks speach.

Any help would be appreciated.

Taz

Hi all,

I am currently trying to find some land in the west midklands area where i can have a walk with my airgun.

I have been shooting shotguns and air rifles scince i was 8 with my father. I have just lost some land i used to shoot as it has been sold for a housing development :no:

I have been looking for a while now but i usually get the the sorry but no thanks speach.

Any help would be appreciated.

Taz

you have mail

Taz, have a read back a few pages, there are literally dozens of tips.

In summary..

Turn up smartish (not in camo), be polite, try and find out the farmer / landowner's name first if you can. Be polite, try and find evidence of a pest problem (loads of rabbit holes, crop damage) and offer to help him out with it.

If you get the kb stay positive, leave him a contact card and ask if you can call back, this is crucial. I would leave it at least a month, maybe two and call back. When you go back mention you came before, you can still see the evidence of damage etc. Sometimes persistence will get you on there.

Sometimes its worth saying "let me on for a day, keep an eye on me, see how I go on" - its a smaller decision to make and might get you "in".

This time of year if there are pheasant / other game birds down you probably won't get permission - so if that's the case, ask if you can come back after the season is over.

Best of luck mate, getting the first one is the hardest, just don't loose hope. Some on here have tried for years and eventually got on somewhere!

Well over the past week i have been and seen a few farmers/landowners and got the same response.

I am now planning on widening my search a little. If it means travelling for an hour or so then so be it.

I will try the let me on for a day idea Pin, not tried that one yet. I am also getting a few cards printed up from a friend of mine who works at local printers, guess it all helps with the apperance.

Thanks guys.