Ian Coley Shooting Ground

Woke up early on saturday morning and decided to give a new shoot a try, so i made my way to the Ian Coley Shooting Ground, on arrival i was more than impressed with what i saw, large hard standing car park and big shop/cafe, after looking at guns i couldn't afford i set about the clays, there were 21 stands open and were a great challenge, with the the opportunity to shoot by yourself i will defiantly be making a return.

53/70 shot

£0.35p per clay

if your in the area give it a try, the staff are friendly and they have a cracking onsite cafe.

http://www.iancoley.co.uk/clayshooting.html

Woke up early on saturday morning and decided to give a new shoot a try, so i made my way to the Ian Coley Shooting Ground, on arrival i was more than impressed with what i saw, large hard standing car park and big shop/cafe, after looking at guns i couldn't afford i set about the clays, there were 21 stands open and were a great challenge, with the the opportunity to shoot by yourself i will defiantly be making a return.

53/70 shot

£0.35p per clay

if your in the area give it a try, the staff are friendly and they have a cracking onsite cafe.

53/70 shot

£0.35p per clay

Agree its a lovely ground with good facilities and some challenging stands, i try and shoot there once a week if i can :good:

• 2 weeks later...

I too try to shoot there weekly. Even when it's ridiculously busy (which it can be - the standard of facilities makes it very popular for corporate and group events) there are plenty of stands to enjoy away from the madding crowds... Friendly staff, generally very reliable traps, and a good range of targets to shoot at (though the new 'extreme' crow and teal stand is a right ******!)

• 2 weeks later...

I shot there last week in the Gun Trade Association charity day. Cracking day. Some amazing shooting (not from our team !). Highlight for me was a 'pigeon flush' - you sat in pairs on bales of hay behind a hide, complete with deeks and bouncers and then 40 clays came from in front / behind / left and right to mimic pigeon flaring off or committing to the deeks - quite realistic to be fair

Dunno if its a regular feature or was just set up for the day, but will be back to find out as loved it ( and not awash with pigeons on my permission just now)