Rabbits

kxkirk

I assume by kittens you mean baby rabbits? Bred rabbits for 40 years and not heard them called that - I just call them 'young' or 'youngsters'.

Anyway, don't cook them because the bones go brittle. If they're really small I cut the head and feet off, gut, skin and let the dog have them whole. Bigger rabbits: we tend to eat the back fillets and one back leg, the dogs get a raw front leg each to crunch up, and the missus cuts the other raw back leg up for the cats. The dogs get the pigeon wings and legs too - we don't waste anything :good: .

Kxkirk, as with all animals the younger they are, the tastier, softer and more succulent they are (ie suckling pig-still getting fed off its mum). However whe animals are young/babies they are a bit more fiddly to clean but they are tasty! When I ferret and farmers want rabbit control when does are breeding, when we get a doe (when gutted) has embryos inside her i fry them with Olive Oil. Dont waste nothing, its a crime when you do.(unless its a Fox, they do taste horrible)!