Hair loss on dogs head

Fal

Hi Guys,

My new lab is 10 weeks old today, I noticed him losing a bit of hair on his head just before his first lot of jabs. I asked the vet about it at the time and she said it doesn't look serious an to leave it until his second lot of jabs, and keep an eye on it. Two days later I was back down the vets as I thought the hair loss had got a little worse. The vet done a scrape as I was convinced it was some sort of mite, the scrape came back negative, no mites etc.

He is up to date with his fleaing and worming so I am baffled as to what it could be. I've been doing a lot of reading up on hair loss issues in puppies and a lot of people have similar issues with either mites or his food being too high in protein. I am after a bit of advice, firstly has anybody had a young pup and experienced the same, if so what did you to/try to sort it out.

Also are there any low protein foods available that you have used that you would recommend. It's driving me insane not knowing what it is, he isn't scratching it at all, its not bothering him one bit, its not flaky or red or sore or smelly.

Cheers,

Rhodri

Try feeding raw food it's said to help with skin conditions associated with feeding processed foods. Make sure to include bone for the calcium that your growing pup will need. My dogs are all fed raw and look great on it.

• 2 weeks later...