pulsar n550

cockerman123

They're fine for rabbit shooting with a .22. Definitely get an IR NM800, don't waste your money on a Pulsar add-on illuminator, they're useless. I don't bother with the remote. I shoot off sticks and its just as easy to operate the switch on the unit. Remote might be useful if you're shooting from the back of a vehicle. With the number of rabbits you're shooting you should either get an external battery pack or two sets of internal batteries. You'll probably be going through one charge in a session.

4.5X mag took me a few trips to get used to, and they're a bit fiddly to zero. Clicks are 20mm at 100 yds and daylight resolution isn't great. I find it easiest to zero in the dark against a bold target on white paper. Where they really win is at last light just when conventional scopes are giving up - rabbits show up black against ground that looks like its moonlit. Its a doddle.

Can't say I find them overly heavy but the ergonomics are odd. They sit very high, lifting your face off the stock and there is very limited fore and aft adjustment so they never feel entirely natural. But you get used to it and I don't think they're much worse than rear mounted add-ons.

If you can get one cheap enough it'll turn a .22 into an ideal dedicated night rabbit shooter. I wouldn't want to be swapping one between rifles though, especially a CF. When I want to shoot foxes with my .222 I stick a red LED in the NM800 and just lamp them.

theres something allot better than a n550 ive been using night vision for years and ive used most of the available units.

a while ago i bought a sniper cam from nite hunter it fits straight onto the back of your scope so whatever rifle you go out with you can put the night vision on your gun without re zeroing.

you can get illuminators for the unit that will let you see a thousand yards.

you can use it in day or night.

you can use it as a hand held spotter scope if you so wish.

you can record all your footage on the unit and review it on your computer or you can watch it back on the unit.

brilliant for putting videos on youtube.

i can tell you it knocks spots off the n550.the n550 is rubbish quality very poor quality image very hard to distinguish what you are looking at especially at range.

if you want more info look on youtube or pm me or if you want to come and have a look at the unit then your welcome to come and visit.

sorry if i have offended anyone that owns a n550 or n750 but if you have a look at my sniper cam i think you would sell your n550-n750 asap.

cheers

Daz