FAC question

flash

Currently in Australia working, but back in England for a month or so in September. After working out here I've finally got a decent amount of money in the bank, so now can afford to get my fac, and the exact rifles I want etc. only problem is the time I have in England, don't want to apply and then get a phone call when I'm in New Zealand to organise an inspection etc

What are the chances of the inspections etc being done within a month of applying. Gna print out the forms and get em filled out ready to post as soon as I arrive in England.

I'm in Devon if that helps with the processing times etc

Cheers

Flash

Email the firearms office mate they should be able to help you. How long you going to be out of the country after september? Because if your out of the uk for a long period of time then your not using them and in turn wouldnt technically need them. Bare in mind also if its your first fac application they may be a bit reluctant to grant you anything other than a rimfire although home office guidelines state different. I had a .17hmr for 12 months before ibhad a 223 and still was placed with a mentor condition and basc couldnt do nothing about it.

Devon is now back on the ball and turning round applications/renewals quickly.

However, as with all applications, the timescale is dependant on the checks that need to be done for each individual applicant. I don't think you could rely on it being processed in a month, if it was me I would wait till I was back permanently.