My first rifle - T-Bolt

Colc08

Well I didn't have to wait long at all for my FAC to hit the door mat. It took all of two weeks from sending off my application to the post man delivering my certificate.

My first rifle was always going to be a .22lr for rabbit control on my farm so after a little advert in the wanted section on here and a little search around other forums and gun sales web sites I had a few nice offers. I decided to go with one particular .22lr set up I was offered by a member off of this site.

I'd like to thank Blunderbust from this site for looking after me and sorting me out a cracking rabbiting set up. After a couple of hours chatting and a couple of cups of coffee the deal was done and I was on my 2 hour drive home from Norfolk pleased as punch.

Jimmy ( Blunderbust ) is a really top bloke who knows his stuff and is vastly experienced. He was happy to give me some valuble advise and sorted me out with a creacking deal.

So I am now the very proud owner of a .22lr Browning T-Bolt with Hawk Panorama EV4 -12 X 50 IR scope. The rifle was also supplied complete with a case, sling and scope mouted LED lamp and sensor switch. So all in all I have everything that I was hoping to get to start me off on the bunnies.

I just need to find some time to get out with it now. With a couple of short holidays and a possible house move now on the cards it could be a frustrating couple of months for me but I just cant wait to get her out and start knocking some of those pesky wabbits over now!!

Col

Got your variation forms ready at hand

I have a 22 center fire slot also but am already thinking of swapping that for 243 as rather than having a rifle for each species a 243 is a multi-tool that can cater for my foxing and deer work that may well come up for me at some point.

Mistake on my part not to go for it from the start because I have since learned they would have given it to me any way. I niavely didnt ask for it as didnt think they would entertsin it but turns out they will. Bloody typical.

I know most of these guys opt for CZ but I have a t bolt and have shot loads of rabbits and 5 foxes in just a month ,I have opted for. 17hmr flavour and am pleased with it ,Happy shooting

Yes I am loving my T-Bolt too. Loving the action but I do need to lighten up the trigger as causes the odd pulled shot as is stiff as a brick.

Edited by Colc08