Sorry another one for the plumbers!

chady

The problem you are experiencing is caused by corrosion in the system, the black sludge you refer to is the steel being dissolved, if you put some of

this onto some blotting paper you would pick it up with a magnet, within the system you have mixed metals namely, steel, copper, cast iron, with water

connecting them. Regarding the highest rad being air locked, this is caused by corrosion in the system, and the gas displacing the water, the gas is

Hydrogen, if you vent the rad and light the gas it will burn. Flushing the system is very difficult because water takes the least line of resistance,

provided you add a good quality corrosion inhibitor you should prevent any further corrosion and the sludge unless excessive will not cause any

problems. Good luck.

Thanks I think I got most of it flushed out. It was just. 3 rads on the middle floor that I struggled to drain due to a sir lock I think.

Thanks Danny

I would snap your hand off and did think of getting one.

But my boiler mounted with the pipes going through a manifold with the pipes going straight into the wall the boiler is mounted on. So I can't seam to see a easy way to fit it *** all the pipes are recessed.

Thanks though