BSA & Webley SBS 12 Bore

hoggysreels

Next year with a very limited budget ... "£125-£175" .. would it be possible to pick up .. a BSA or Webley SBS 12 bore .. it would have to be safe and mechanically functional, though l'd accept cosmetic genuine usage mark due to its age etc ... lm thinking its a tall order !!

Which if any would be most likely BSA or Webley ? ... which is the better of the two ?

Which model names/number ? ... just so l might do some homework ..

I quite like sbs 12 bores ... just fancy a Made in England embossed on the gun .. lve a 410 with it, but fancy the 12 bore (when funds allow) ... wife business went under and the VAT dont mess about we have learnt .. anyhow onwards and upwards :)))

You should be able to pick a BSA up for that kind of money, although a Webley and Scott is likely to cost more. Keep an eye on Guntrader etc. I would suggest looking at English boxlock non-ejectors as well; I picked up a Thomas Wild for £125 a few years ago. Auction houses are also a good bet, as long as you give any lots you are interested in a thorough going-over before bidding.