BEAN STUBBLE AGAIN

aauser

The farmer was very late getting in this crop of beans and Having shot this bean stubble two weeks ago we thaught that the farmer would turn this in very quickly ,and did three of the fields ,but his plough had a major breakage so this meant just one field was left untouched .watching this field yesterday was amazing to see birds coming from all directions to dine and nothing fazed them so a plan was formed to shoot today .we set up with two rotators and one floater and a flapper . As we were loading up birds were piling in ,it was steady for the first few hours with some testing shooting in the strong wind ,but very enjoyable and a respectable 90 birds shot but really should have been a 100 plus but hay ho that's pigeon shooting

Yeah agree beans are awsome to shoot over.several years ago i got under a flight line with my hushpower 410 pump the birds were flighting back and forth for hours passing over a small copice of conifers were i hid i shot 64 birds in 4 hours.when you have days like this it gives you more satisfaction than shooting 200 over decoys.because its by chance and luck i stumbled on this flightline ide actually gone to clear some rats around the feeders .