Pigeon shooting days in Essex

They are not decoying well but we have a few well used flight lines that have been producing results at the moment. There is so much rape about at the moment it's not as easy as one would like. But after the last few months I'm just happy to see birds in any decent numbers!

Also helps a lot that there is a group of us strategic placed to keep them moving.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See you then rainman!

Places still available on the following:

Sunday 2 March

Wednesday 5 March

Saturday 8 March

Also, we received this mail today from another regular.

Hi Dunc,

Thanks you for another fantastic day shooting pigeons, and can you thank Terry for going the extra mile in pointing out all the best spots.

As you know today was my third visit and it just gets better every time worth every penny thanks guys.

I will see you next week work permitting.

Take care and once again thanks I will be recommending you to all my mates.

All the best Nic

Went to this venue for the first time yesterday and it is most impressive (and vast).

As everyone is saying, they are difficult to decoy to one field of rape at the moment but still managed a few, mostly due to Terry.

Terry had been up first light and scoured the various farms to put us in the best possible spots.

His knowledge, enthusiasm and advice was a great help and I will definitely be back - soon.

He couldn't have tried more for us and a few more guns would have only improved our chances. Get booked on here now and experience it. Once the peas go in I can see them being booked solid!

(saying that you can probably accomodate a fair few guns on 12 thousand acres).

Thanks Terry (& Duncan). I will give Terry a call, hope to be able to return next Wednesday

Cheers

Baz

Hi everyone, The following dates are available in MARCH. If you are after something different just ask and we'll try and accommodate.

Wed 5th

Sat 8th

Wed 12th

Fri 14th

Wed 19th

Sat 22nd

Email pigeonpunisher@gmail.com or PM me here and I'll send you details. Please include your real name and your screen name.

Edited by Dead Eye Dunc

Write up from the 8th:

Got there and set up by about 9am ish, birds steady throughout the morning and decoying well, dried up around lunch time although the odd few coming in for a look but with my magnet battery gone difficult to turn - the guns did a good job of keeping them moving around all morning until they naffed off to a field miles away no one was on.

All in all great day out, 6 in the bag, 4 got away (god knows how there were feathers everywhere) and a better shot would have easily doubled up but I was jumping on shots not having been out for a while.

Hope all the other guns got on well and I'll definately be back - Cheers Duncan

You did better than me Captain Sensible! - I got 3 in the end but they just weren't playing ball, i tried everything I could but couldn't get them to decoy plus the numbers were just elsewhere on the farms...

Still a cracking day out

Cheers

You did better than me Captain Sensible! - I got 3 in the end but they just weren't playing ball, i tried everything I could but couldn't get them to decoy plus the numbers were just elsewhere on the farms...

Still a cracking day out

Cheers

Dont worry Fresh Air

My first two days were a 2 and a zero

This will only improve with the new drillings and I'm sure Terry will be out scouting before your next visit

Enjoy

Baz

Thanks for the comments guys! Glad you're all enjoying it! Lots more days coming up and as mentioned, they are starting to come in. Looks like it'll be a good summer!

Just drop me a line here and/or on pigeonpunisher@gmail.com with the date, your name and a contact number.

April dates:

Wed 2nd

Fri 4th

Tues 8th

Thurs 10th

Sat 12th

Cheers,

Duncan

Edited by Dead Eye Dunc