Ebay phishing

sarol

eBay phishing

could you please advise members that buying weapon specific items on eBay (.308 snap caps or something like that) could be used by criminals to find the location to steal the weapons.

Criminal advertises an item, the buyer wins and pays with Pay Pal. Pay Pal gives the home address for delivery. whether the item is sent or not the seller now has the likely address of the weapon!!

On Friday I looked at a kennel block for sale on there, but the advert asked you to click on a link to ask questions which would take you to another site. I thought this odd so asked my questions in the usual ebay messaging way and had a response saying send me your email address for pictures. Luckily ebay had jumped on this and send that the sellers account had been hacked and had removed the advert. I'm assuming there was a scam involved but not sure what it is.

you also get the sellers address so a tad self defeating, i should imagine there would be far easier ways for a criminal to get hold of a firearm than risking five years inside by using the internet auction site to ****

You get the address the seller gives Paypal. I've bought and sold through it but the only way my address has been confirmed is through what I've bought.