Best Tactical Shotgun (UK)

inderraj

Hey guys,

What's the best "tactical" shotgun available in he UK? Something rugged, reliable and can easily handle living in the field for weeks at a time. Any tactical shotgunners on the forum? I currently have A Beretta Outlander A300 (synthetic black).

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Whats a tactical shotgunner ? :lol:

Plenty of rugged shotgun choices to be found in either the pump club or semi-auto club threads on here.

Many of the guns used in practical shotgun competitions may suit what your looking for, but there are many to choose from & covering a wide price range.

N

Whats a tactical shotgunner ? :lol:

Plenty of rugged shotgun choices to be found in either the pump club or semi-auto club threads on here.

Many of the guns used in practical shotgun competitions may suit what your looking for, but there are many to choose from & covering a wide price range.

N

There's a lot of guys in the military now who run scenario type shoots around the UK, its quite fun and a change of pace from skeet/clay. I want something preferably under the £1000 range, that can be modified and changed around. Im open to ideas to be honest. Pump or Semi I wouldn't mind, but I would rather stay away from wood versions (less tlc required)

There's a lot of guys in the military now who run scenario type shoots around the UK.

Please elaborate on this for me, are these shoots run by the M.O.D or civilians ?

Are they open to FAC holders or only Military personnel ?

When you say scenario shoots what do you mean ?

N

Please elaborate on this for me, are these shoots run by the M.O.D or civilians ?

Are they open to FAC holders or only Military personnel ?

When you say scenario shoots what do you mean ?

N

Frontier Practical Shotgun do something similar, I guess I worded it wrong however, by scenario shoots I mean set ups where you have to shoot at varying targets from different positions, you use in-house guns for this.

Have a look at the hatsan mpa mate

ATB

Jim

cheers mate I will have a look

Frontier Practical Shotgun do something similar, I guess I worded it wrong however, by scenario shoots I mean set ups where you have to shoot at varying targets from different positions, you use in-house guns for this.

Frontier are a new club who shoot UKPSA practical shotgun & not what you describe.

They also run an airsoft club on the land next door.

Their prices are also a little eye watering :oops: at £40 for 30 shots. http://www.frontierpracticalshotgun.co.uk/event-dates.htm

These guys are new to the sport themselves & are trying to make money from it, to my knowledge the guys who run it have very little competition experience at this time & are civilians, but have taken safety training courses & will be affiliated to the UKPSA.

The NRA are currently bidding for control of IPSC practical shotgun within the UK which is currently being administered by the UKPSA.

Anyone wishing to shoot practical shotgun should always clarify under which rule book the club operates & who is insuring it.

At four4islands we use NRA insurance as do the UKPSA & many other clubs, most four4islands national matches charge a £25 entry fee for a full days shooting, & usually consists of at least 10-12 different stages & requiring 150 rounds of various 12g ammunition to complete.

To shoot the same number of rounds at Frontier would be £105 if you bought your own gun & ammo, & considerably more if you used their supplied guns & ammunition, its a venue aimed squarely at the non shooter "activity day" market & its prices reflect that, there are other clubs out there that offer better value to those wanting to take up the sport.

Have fun.

PS: for competition within your price range its either a Beretta 1301 or Stoger 3000 in semi-auto or a Benelli Super Nova in pump.

Good luck.

N

Edited by neil smith

Frontier are a new club who shoot UKPSA practical shotgun & not what you describe.

They also run an airsoft club on the land next door.

Their prices are also a little eye watering :oops: at £40 for 30 shots. http://www.frontierpracticalshotgun.co.uk/event-dates.htm

These guys are new to the sport themselves & are trying to make money from it, to my knowledge the guys who run it have very little competition experience at this time & are civilians, but have taken safety training courses & will be affiliated to the UKPSA.

The NRA are currently bidding for control of IPSC practical shotgun within the UK which is currently being administered by the UKPSA.

Anyone wishing to shoot practical shotgun should always clarify under which rule book the club operates & who is insuring it.

At four4islands we use NRA insurance as do the UKPSA & many other clubs, most four4islands national matches charge a £25 entry fee for a full days shooting, & usually consists of at least 10-12 different stages & requiring 150 rounds of various 12g ammunition to complete.

To shoot the same number of rounds at Frontier would be £105 if you bought your own gun & ammo, & considerably more if you used their supplied guns & ammunition, its a venue aimed squarely at the non shooter "activity day" market & its prices reflect that, there are other clubs out there that offer better value to those wanting to take up the sport.

Have fun.

PS: for competition within your price range its either a Beretta 1301 or Stoger 3000 in semi-auto or a Benelli Super Nova in pump.

Good luck.

N

Ah ok. They are local to me that's all. I might try the Benelli just to try something different

Ah ok. They are local to me that's all. I might try the Benelli just to try something different

If they are local to you then your also local to me ! :yes:

I have sent you a PM via the system here.

I would be happy to show you the ropes at the club where I shoot anytime & it won't cost you an arm & a leg either :lol:

N

If hi want a "tacticool" modifiable gun the go for a model popular in the states...

Also wood doesn't need TLC you can refinish it with sandpaper and oil, fix it with glue, can't do that with plastic.

Do you have an FAC?

I don't currently have a FAC no, I am looking to apply for one in the near future however.

If they are local to you then your also local to me ! :yes:

I have sent you a PM via the system here.

I would be happy to show you the ropes at the club where I shoot anytime & it won't cost you an arm & a leg either :lol:

N

Awesome, sounds like a plan. I Look forward to it.