Rabbit pen training syndicate or rent unused pheasant pen??

Colc08

I am on the look out for a bit of land/woodland or ideally an old unused pheasant pen that I can fix up and use as a rabbit pen for training my dogs. I would also be open to the idea of having a little bit of a syndicate with a few local gundog folk.

has anyone ever done this? or even better know of anywhere around my aear that I could enquire about using.

Its a long shot i know but would be ideal if i can find somewhere. I would not be interested in shooting anything or wandering where i'm not wanted. Just purely to go to the pen once or twice a week to traing my dogs.

I live near to Peterborough and Stamford.

Personally I think training your own dogs in that environment once or twice a week will make them pen wise, they will be on first name terms with the rabbits. Better off looking for some shooting locally and find the use of a rabbit pen within reasonable driving distance so it can be used as a training tool when the dog/s are at the stage of needing one.

Hope you get what you want though.

Edited by WGD

Personally I think training your own dogs in that environment once or twice a week will make them pen wise, they will be on first name terms with the rabbits. Better off looking for some shooting locally and find the use of a rabbit pen within reasonable driving distance so it can be used as a training tool when the dog/s are at the stage of needing one.

Hope you get what you want though.

+1 currently got a problem were the dog thinks he can chase hares if they are in one particularly rushy field at the side of the house. Around the grounds he is fine pushes them out of cover - wont chase, open field fine. You see I recon he either 1. Knows full well I cannot grip hold of him in that thick boggy stuff or 2. he thinks he is in with a chance nailing them in it due to the cover so its worth the hassle from me

I had this issue with my bavarian and has taken a long time to sort out I have finally turned a corner and touch wood we are nearly there.

she has a crafty sideways glance now to see if i am close but i am on the ball and she knows it. good luck in sorting it out,wayne