Hushpower full length or 9 inch moderator

Little_Dom

Im considering getting either a .410 or 20 gauge hushpower for squirrels/vermin in woods etc, i have seen one with a 9 inch moderator in my local gunshop but was wondering if there was any difference sound moderation wise between this and a full length moderator. On another note does anyone know if there is still a waiting list for mossberg 500 20g hushpowers

full length is much better IMO.

i have owned a fully moderated 410 and a 12g moss berg pump moderated.

i have also used the invest arm fully moderated 20g.

if i were to buy another one i would purchase the 20g investarm. it ticks all the boxes, over under for 2 shots ,fully moderated and about as quiet as a loud springer when used with subs.

I've owned the baikal 'stealth' hushpower .410 and currently own a pedretti hushpower .410, out of the two the pedretti is far superior as it has a proper full length mod. I'd definitely not bother with a 9" mod.

If I could afford it I'd get the investarms o/u 20g hushpower though you've got an extra shot and more lead in the pattern and is more versatile as can be used for decoying or clays. But if it's just for squirrels and the odd close range rabbit in the woods a .410 hushpower is ideal as that's what I use mine for.

If your local to me your welcome to borrow my pedretti for a weekend to see if suits your needs.