wood pigeon

vermin killer

wow i did it and you get quite a descent sized breast from them.i was a bit worried id be sqeemish but it wasnt that bad no different from dressing a chicken.also id left it out side and it had not frozen but was easy to de breast.should the meat still be on the ribs?i had shot it in its heart but theres only a small hole in the breast,so no worries there.im gonna marinade it and wrap it in bacon for tonights supper:) :lookaround:

wow i did it and you get quite a descent sized breast from them.i was a bit worried id be sqeemish but it wasnt that bad no different from dressing a chicken.also id left it out side and it had not frozen but was easy to de breast.should the meat still be on the ribs?i had shot it in its heart but theres only a small hole in the breast,so no worries there.im gonna marinade it and wrap it in bacon for tonights supper:) :lol:

If you followed my way then you will have the breastbone with the breasts on it.

If you need to fry or chop up say for stir fry or curry then simply slice off the breasts. Sharp knife, stay close in to the bone and work backwards, you will get it with practice.

If you are roasting, clean it up, leave on the bone and cover with bacon and baste in butter, 25 mins no more in a medium hot oven :lol:

Lovely :lol:

If roasting I do it like this :-

before.jpg

If they come out right, looks like this (remember to take the bacon off for about 5-8 mins to brown them) :-

after.jpg

De glaze the pan with a splash of balsamic vinegar and some red wine and make a nice jus for serving over the pigges :lol:

Lovely :lol:

well i wraped it in bacon added a tablespoon of butter to the small baking tray along with half teaspoon of honey and half teaspoon of musterd.i basted it with the mixture.wow i carnt beleive how much it resembles steak.and with the honny it sort of glazes the bacon and meat.the only thing that put me off was the pellet hole stairing at me off the plate,as 20 mins after chopping up a stiff bird i was cooking it :lol: i think ill slice the meat up in future and freeze it.but very nice overall taste i think the bacon helps keep it moist and brings out the flavours.i think a creamy peppercorn sauce with mushrooms or a red wine sauce would compliment this meat very well.keep the juices also for the sauce as the flavour from this is unreal.