Help please partridge incubator

Hi I have 150 partridge eggs in my parrafin incubator and I'm struggling to keep it too right temp it's about 2 degrees lower than should be I've tried everything to up it but can't succeed even wrapped towels and blankets around the outside . If any one as any suggestions please feel free I'm getting concerned there not going to hatch and it's my first attempt at them. Thanks in advance

Hi I have 150 partridge eggs in my parrafin incubator and I'm struggling to keep it too right temp it's about 2 degrees lower than should be I've tried everything to up it but can't succeed even wrapped towels and blankets around the outside . If any one as any suggestions please feel free I'm getting concerned there not going to hatch and it's my first attempt at them. Thanks in advance

Try keeping the room the incubator is situated in as warm as you can and don't forget to get the humidity good as this has just a big a chance of doing your eggs in. Can you make an insulated box out of Cellotex or something similar to try and hold the heat? Remember to still make sure the eggs can get oxygen to them.

If it is 2 degrees F and constant you may still be alright. You need to find out why its not running up to temperature. Sometimes it can be simple things like a marginally narrow or thinner wick which does not burn well enough. I has trouble sourcing wicks for my Ruperts in the past. The ones which looked to fit the rack were actually too thin and burnt too cool. Once I found some old ones which were slightly heavier all was well.

Make sure there is sufficient air entering the burner (yellow smokey flame is a sign all is not well) and your wick is trimmed and burning across its entire width with a good clean flame. Another problem with modern wicks was they were not as good at drawing up the paraffin as the old ones and that gave a cooler burn too.

Make sure the chimney is clean and all the airways are clear.

Is the machine level?

Is your thermometer in the right place?