Steyr prohunter 223 soft point loading issues

2511bb

Hi I have a steyr 223 pro hunter and on the odd occasion when I cycle a round it jams up in the chamber. Upon extracting the round the soft point round is burred over.

This has happened with ppu 55gr and sako 50gr.

Any one had this issue before. Should I take it back to the shop where I brought it and see what they say.

Does the steyr only like the harder ballistic tips??

Help. Thanks.

Sounds like the bolt is not picking the round up properly and is slamming it into the top of the chamber and damaging the tip of thr bullet . This happens on occation . Proberbly the round is not being picked up from the mag squarely . I have had this happen on my .308 and on my .22 rimfire . Once chambered it won't be dangerous ,but of course will not be as accurate . If you extract rounds like this then put them lightly through a pencil sharpener to re profile them .

Harnser

If it is a detachable mag ,give it a tap on the back of your hand when loaded . This should settle the rounds in the mag . It's not a real problem unless it happens most of the time . I have an internal mag on my rifle and allways give the bottom floor plate a tap with my hand when I have loaded it .

Harnser

• 1 month later...