Ruger 1022

Jim c

Sorry can't at the minute as I'm away. I found this on the Internet though, and although it's not the same barrel, it is heavy so gives you a general idea...

Oh and for what it's worth, I think mine with an SAK on it does look pretty nice, probably better than the one in the photo!

Picture doesn't seem to be working...

Try this link:

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/10-22_001.jpg

Edited by NathanM

I'm up North near Newcastle, so at Bradford Stalker, I was lucky as they had one in stock!

To be honest with a .22 not too much... With a bigger calibre they're supposed to stop the barrel heating up as much, so they maintain accuracy, but with a .22 thats not a real problem.

The reason I went for it is that with the hogue stock it does really feel sturdy, I thought the normal rugers felt a bit too small for me. Oh and although the heavyness of the barrel shouldn't make too much difference, it does have a semi match chamber which is good!

For you, probably not really... But the factory ruger is not the most accurate machine, should be ok for rabbits if you don't push the distance too much. Have a feel of one before you buy though, although it's nice and light for carrying, you might want an aftermarket stock still!

No accuracy advantage but possibly better balance depending on what stock you have, my 10-22 has a heavy volquartsen barrel on it and that balances nicely and is very accurate. No mod on mine at the moment though as it has a 13/16?? Thread on it but it's not really a problem for me if I want to go quieter I take my cz452