From the field

Highlander

Sitting in my office watching the field of rape outside my window. About 12.00 Woody started dropping in in BIGish numbers, maybe 3/400 a continuous stream of pigeons and a number of rooks. Went out at about 12.10 and put them off. They just rose into some nearby trees and sat for about 15 mins and then boogered off. Will they come back??? Watch this space!

Field is about 40 acres of poorly showing rape. It's been flagged and bangered but Woody's not taking much notice of either. Seems to favour one particular section, in a corner with some good sitty trees along the borders. Weather is overcast with a South Westerly wind of about 6-8 mph. It seems cold but thermometer's showing 8.

And before anyone asks...I'm not shooting them 'cause a) I'm shooting almost every day at the moment and it's nice to have a day off (actually I'm supposed to be catching up on office/paper work) :D and :) it's good to just watch 'em sometimes, makes me believe that one day I'll know all about 'em (I wish)