Of any value or rubbish ?

Boblees1

a question for those in the know,

if the op was to strip the air pistol and hand in the framework, could he legally sell the spares?

just a thought...

Ptragmar is correct re the categorisation.

Any self contined Gas cartridge gun (tacs essentially by brocock, S&P, valtro, pietta etc) is now Sec5 unless it was licensed at the time VCR act was made effective.

If you licensed it/them then they are Sec1 to you for storage (they are airguns for purpose of where they may be used, closed fac conditions dont apply) but they are sec5 to all others.

they may not be trasnferred sold gifted or otherwise traded in UK. you can take a licensed one out of the country but thats about it.

its years in jail as unles the court finds exceptional circumstances to reduce the sentence from ths statutory minimum.

The cartridges are not licensable and can be sold freely. the non presure bearing components of the valtro e.g. pins springs grips sights magazine etc are also not controlled items and can be recovered and sold or kept. the barrel/frame and breech (essentially the top slide in this case) are all 'pressure bearing' and are definitely controlled parts.

You cant do anything with these legally and shouldnt have them. destroy instantly with a hammer till they are fragments then hand that in to whomever.

Dont delay..

p.s for the purposes of handing in

Sec5 RFD are categorised specifically accoridng to what they are permitted to do/sell/possess

They need if I recall correctly (2003 was a while back) to be Sec 5.1af to repair etc which very few ever were...3 RFD I believe in UK(I know one that was)

Edited by Urx

If you can still strip and dry fire the beretta then its old spec but if the slide is welded and you cant do anything with it its new spec so will fetch less money.have a look on a few uk militaria dealers web sites and youll soon get an idea what itll be worth.

So much wrong information in one thread!

The Valtro is now. section 5 prohibited weapon unless you put it on the special free FAC at the time or hold a Section 5 Authority that specifically covers Section 5 (1) (AF) of which I can think of three in the whole UK

An RFD or even Section 5 RFD is not enough it must cover Section 5 (1) (AF)

Hand it in to an amnesty or ask your licensing folk to collect it, they are encouraged to accept such things no questions asked.

The deactivated pistol is post 95 which makes it less valuable although the difference between pre and post 95 guns in terms of handguns is practically nothing it is only sub machine guns and assault rifles that were welded solid post 95

.have a look on a few uk militaria dealers web sites and you'll soon get an idea what it'll be worth.

LOL what you will see is the price THEY want and that will be WAYYYY different to what they pay for them. I have about 40 deacs and was quite a keen collector but prices have gone absolutely stupid in the past 4-5 years so the collecting has slowed somewhat. Watch some of those sites for any length of time and you will see hundreds drop off some of the more optimistic prices.

With deacs condition is everything unless it is exceptionally unusual. If you have some good quality pics of both sides of the gun and some of the deac work that would hep to value it. Some deac work is truly shockingly bad, a case of chop it and sell it. While there are those that take time to do a neat and discrete job, needless to say these are more desirable. I am getting the urge to buy another as it has been a while since I last bought one.

with revolvers the main new and old spec difference is the ability to chamber rounds in the cylinder

semi pistols: new spec have locking lugs removed, barrels are cut and pin through chamber. some old specs will chamber and eject a round

there is a new new spec but the only change is the the firing pin channel is welded up

Bolt action rifles all specs can cock and click

Light support weapons eg mg42 GPMG etc cock and click in both specs UNLESS there is a rifle version then welded up eg AK and AR variants

Semi/ full auto rifles old spec is cock and click new spec weld solid.

Edited by Lord O War