1994(?) Vitara SWB Soft top

TaxiDriver

I have a swb soft top that I bought and got mot'd (needed tyres, some welding and new handbrake cables) spent approx £500 - £600

It's a dull faded red, I was going to rub it down and brush paint Olive/Drab green but didn't get around to it!

I'd only driven it 2 or 3 times before becoming unemployed and couldn't afford to go shooting or pay the monthly insurance.

Anyways it's been sat on my drive approx 18 - 20 months now, so currently SORN'd and no MOT, Started every now and then, Smokes until warm which im told is the valve seals going hard then softening as it warms up.

Has a set of chunky mud tyres on (remoulds) and a spare set of wheels with worn std road going tyres on.

I've hung onto it out of stubborness, but can't see me finding the money or enthusiasm for getting it MOT tested so .......I'd take £350 ono if someone wants a project or shoot motor to leave on a permission somewhere.

I'm unsure,

It didn't need much before, just a couple of patches to the inner wings.

There was some mention of it possibly needing a little attention around 1 or 2 of the body mounts " next time" but that next MOT time came and went sat on my drive.

I'm going to either get rid as advertised or I'll get it in for an Mot test in the next 7 - 10 days and see if it's worth doing and painting drab green.

I've pressure washed it off and it looks a whole lot better with the green algae.

Edited by TaxiDriver

• 9 months later...

Still for Sale £300 ono

As my circumstances haven't changed much for the better so I haven't done anything with it

Charge the battery up and it starts, tyres hold air (nsf shown in pics) loses some air slowly.

I have a swb soft top that I bought and got mot'd (needed tyres, some welding and new handbrake cables) spent approx £500 - £600

It's a dull faded red, I was going to rub it down and brush paint Olive/Drab green but didn't get around to it!

I'd only driven it 2 or 3 times before becoming unemployed and couldn't afford to go shooting or pay the monthly insurance.

Anyways it's been sat on my drive approx 18 - 20 months now, so currently SORN'd and no MOT, Started every now and then, Smokes until warm which im told is the valve seals going hard then softening as it warms up.

Has a set of chunky mud tyres on (remoulds) and a spare set of wheels with worn std road going tyres on.

I've hung onto it out of stubborness, but can't see me finding the money or enthusiasm for getting it MOT tested so .......I'd take £350ono if someone wants a project or shoot motor to leave on a permission somewhere.

Edited by TaxiDriver

• 1 month later...