Xtrema 2 - Barrel length for wildfowling

pob2

Afternoon gentlemen. I could use some help please.

I feel the need for a semi-auto. I have decided on a Beretta Xtrema 2. Please, please, please don't try to change my mind. I used one at the Epping shooting school, shot pretty well with it and loved it. Money isn't really an issue to be honest.

I will be using it mainly for pigeon shooting, but I am hankering after a bit of wildfowling too. I reckon this gun could be just the tool for the job.

I like the Realtree Hardwoods green cammo. Here's the problem though. This version comes in 24 and 26" barrels only. The MAX 4 cammo gets you a 26, 28 or 30". If it were available, I think I would choose 28".

Is 26" too short for wildfowling? I'm a complete beginner at wildfowling obviously, but I'd make a random choice to use steel shot.

Any advice would be most welcome.

length of barrels from 28, 30, 32 is imo a personal thing, what you feel works for you, how you see targets, birds, quarry, call it what you want.

over the lengths i put above i think handling is the only issue here, where you shoot in what hide or cover ability to move the gun without restriction's or interference is what your looking for, maybe handling a shorter gun will give the impresion its lighter ?? i dont know, you will, your choice of gun is well taken, i think it'll suit you well, knowing the preformance of them im sure you will be happy, good hunting.

Martin

length of barrels from 28, 30, 32 is imo a personal thing, what you feel works for you, how you see targets, birds, quarry, call it what you want.

over the lengths i put above i think handling is the only issue here, where you shoot in what hide or cover ability to move the gun without restriction's or interference is what your looking for, maybe handling a shorter gun will give the impresion its lighter ?? i dont know, you will, your choice of gun is well taken, i think it'll suit you well, knowing the preformance of them im sure you will be happy, good hunting.

Martin

Thanks Engineer. There must be a reason Beretta make this differential between models though. Maybe like you say it's down to the hide and cover you use......pigeon hides will be a bit tighter?

Martin

Thanks Engineer. There must be a reason Beretta make this differential between models though. Maybe like you say it's down to the hide and cover you use......pigeon hides will be a bit tighter?

Get an ulrika al391 in semi..........looks just like the extrema.................shoots great..............