The Cube complete with DSA and 67mm - 28mm IR torch

Yes Brian, yours is underway. Parts ordered today, body printed and eyepiece printed, just need to slightly redsign the pcb to accept the microcontroller for the auto-off function and then make some of those. Torch is pretty much finished already although I'm having a slight nightmare getting hold of the new Oslons from my preferred supplier.

Please upload some footage if you are able - I must invest in my own DVR at some point as continually borrowing one really isn't the way forward.

Done some cracking work on that mate

bet that's taken some thinking out and planning

I reckon I can work out an adapter for the MTC Mamba too now.

Just to clarify a few points for you though Brian as I'm not sure you are clear on what the Cube is.

• The unit has only one battery which runs everything. It's internal (mounted to one side) and is a 12v 4000mah unit.

• The charge time from flat to full is four hours, I have used the unit for several nights before charging but it's never left on all the time. Turn it on, scan and shoot, turn it off.

• It has its own, custom built, 67mm illuminator - there is no point trying it with a Venom Strike or any other torch as it renders having a dimmable driver, onboard battery and all the other bells'n'whistles useless. You may as well use a WDV et al and do all the usual fiddling about between unit and torch if that's what you want? My 67mm torch weighs the same as a T20 with a battery in and will cover every eventuality from 5 yards to well over 500 yards (I've picked up eyeshine at over 600 yards on low magnifications).

Just be clear. Turn the unit on and EVERYTHING comes on at once. No turning the unit on, reaching forward and turning the torch on, adjusting the brightness of the torch, fiddling with the brightness of the unit. The controls for the torch are ON THE UNIT. Press ON and then dim the torch via the onboard dimmer in front of your eye. Turn it off and everything is off. No forgetting and leaving your torch on for hours on end.

After 8 minutes of being left on, everything shuts down. Cycle the on/off switch and it comes back to life for a further 8 minutes.

Edited by mick miller