permission

geoffwales

Hi, got my first full power air rifle today. But asking around a few locals I was informed that getting permission to shoot is difficult from farms.

This is apparently because the Lord that owns the land the farms are on is reluctant due to his pheasant shoot.

Has anyone else experienced this, I'm in Lydiate near Ormskirk and would hate to offend the local gentry but would be interested in knowing if there is a way of possibly other venues I could shoot on.

Cheers

May I suggest that "asking locals" is not the right way to go about it. They may not know the answer or perhaps they are protecting their own self interests!!! And don't want you there!!

There are posts on here on ways to try in order to get permission. Do a search. They make interesting and helpful reading. But In brief it involves the heavy slog of knocking on farmers doors and asking. Saying what type of shooting you're looking for eg. Bunnies and squirrels and how you propose to go about it. In other words research what you want to do and your approach to safety, as you may be asked questions to ensure that their interests are safe in your hands. Let them know the gun(s) you would be using and, importantly, that you are insured eg BASC or other. Good luck

By the way, what, exactly, do you mean when you say you got your first "full power" air rifle. Is it sub 12 ft llbs or FAC rated?

Edited by Bobba

May I suggest that "asking locals" is not the right way to go about it. They may not know the answer or perhaps they are protecting their own self interests!!! And don't want you there!!

There are posts on here on ways to try in order to get permission. Do a search. They make interesting and helpful reading. But In brief it involves the heavy slog of knocking on farmers doors and asking. Saying what type of shooting you're looking for eg. Bunnies and squirrels and how you propose to go about it. In other words research what you want to do and your approach to safety, as you may be asked questions to ensure that their interests are safe in your hands. Let them know the gun(s) you would be using and, importantly, that you are insured eg BASC or other. Good luck

By the way, what, exactly, do you mean when you say you got your first "full power" air rifle. Is it sub 12 ft llbs or FAC rated?

Hi Thanks, good advice, its also sub 12 ftlb air rifle, I normally go clay shooting so its a new type of shooting for me