Toyota Hilux tailgate dog guard

Saffa

I want to fit a tailgate dog guard on my Toyota Hilux. All i can find on the web is bigger crates etc that will fit in the back, and would cost an arm and a leg (eg. Lintran). A dog guard with a door will do for what i intend to use it for. My cocker spaniel compete in flyball competitions and would only be in there when the vehicle is stationary to rest between races. That way i can leave the canopy and tailgate open for the dog to stay cool. I've got the feeling i'll have to get it custom made, just wondered if anybody has got an idea who i can contact for this job, or give any pointers.

I've got a Volvo XC70 estate and I bought a guard with two gates in it that fits across the boot opening. It prevents the dog from leaping out unbidden. I got it secondhand from a Facebook group for people looking to buy/sell dog guards crates etc, new as they're built to fit particular models they're hugely expensive. I'm in hospital at the moment so can't look at the guard itself for the name of the company. I removed myself from the FB group and can't remember the name, but if you're on FB you can do a search and various groups selling these sort of things come up.