Ticks

dibbz2000

Hi all, Ive noticed today my Hob ferret has an amount of Ticks all over his neck and back, Ive removed all the ones I could find with a tweezers like I do in my dog when he gets one. I imagine there must have been some in the straw I bedded him in on Sunday, so im switching to hay as I understand its harder for ticks to live in that. Is there anything I can get in the meantime that will kill ticks? My Jill, although at the moment is flea and tick free is preggers and I want her in the best possible health before the litter!

The hob doesnt have fleas so I need summut that will focus on the ticks, Can you guys reccomend me somthing I can get from vets when im town tomorrow?

I also notice that he is slightly off his food and less active than usual, could the ticks be doing this to him (Although it is very warm here today!)

:rolleyes:

get some cat frontline flea and tick spray or evan spot on front line from the vet or off the web.ticks can pass lymes diseases after beeing atached for 48hours the symptoms of Lyme disease?

The list of possible symptoms is long, and symptoms can affect every part of the body. The following are the most common symptoms of Lyme disease. However, each individual may experience symptoms differently:

The primary symptom is a red rash that:

can appear several days after infection, or not at all.

can last a few hours or up to several weeks.

can be very small or very large (up to 12 inches across).

can mimic such skin problems as hives, eczema, sunburn, poison ivy, flea bites.

can itch or feel hot, or may not be felt at all.

can disappear and return several weeks later.

Several days or weeks after a bite from an infected tick, a patient usually experiences flu-like symptoms such as the following:

headache

stiff neck

aches and pains in muscles and joints

low-grade fever and chills

fatigue

poor appetite

sore throat

swollen glands

After several months, arthritis-like symptoms may develop, including painful and swollen joints.

Other possible symptoms may include the following:

neurological symptoms

heart problems

skin disorders

eye problems

hepatitis

severe fatigue

limb weakness

poor motor coordination

Some people may develop post-Lyme disease syndrome (PLDS), a condition also known as chronic Lyme disease, characterized by persistent musculoskeletal and peripheral nerve pain, fatigue, and memory impairment.

hope this helps its the symptoms for humans but it is the same in most animals

get some cat frontline flea and tick spray or evan spot on front line from the vet or off the web.ticks can pass lymes diseases after beeing atached for 48hours the symptoms of Lyme disease?

The list of possible symptoms is long, and symptoms can affect every part of the body. The following are the most common symptoms of Lyme disease. However, each individual may experience symptoms differently:

The primary symptom is a red rash that:

can appear several days after infection, or not at all.

can last a few hours or up to several weeks.

can be very small or very large (up to 12 inches across).

can mimic such skin problems as hives, eczema, sunburn, poison ivy, flea bites.

can itch or feel hot, or may not be felt at all.

can disappear and return several weeks later.

Several days or weeks after a bite from an infected tick, a patient usually experiences flu-like symptoms such as the following:

headache

stiff neck

aches and pains in muscles and joints

low-grade fever and chills

fatigue

poor appetite

sore throat

swollen glands

After several months, arthritis-like symptoms may develop, including painful and swollen joints.

Other possible symptoms may include the following:

neurological symptoms

heart problems

skin disorders

eye problems

hepatitis

severe fatigue

limb weakness

poor motor coordination

Some people may develop post-Lyme disease syndrome (PLDS), a condition also known as chronic Lyme disease, characterized by persistent musculoskeletal and peripheral nerve pain, fatigue, and memory impairment.

hope this helps its the symptoms for humans but it is the same in most animals

Thanks Faff, Didnt know that, Went to the vets straight away last night to get the frontline for cats and applied it when I got home. Checking this morning... Not a tick in sight and he's bouncing round the cage like a gud'n. Think it may just have been the heat and the irritance of the ticks getting him down.

dibbz2000

wouldnt you be better off using shredded paper. :good:

then you would be sure not to have problems of this kind again :good:

you can buy it in large bales

Dougy, Ive stopped using the straw naw and anything off the farm and am naw using old blankets from the house!

Cheers all