20 Gauge Browning Fusion Piston

dingo45

Many thanks Tony. This is where buyers of used autos should remove and inspect the piston assy for damage. I was really taken to the cleaners

with this gun the seller did not point out that piston was cracked and had chisel marks inside the piston bore.

This was a RFD to RFD buy at distance.

From what you say I am unsure as to whether you bought from a RFD or had it sent via a RFD?

I am a RFD and you would be amazed how many people will want to sell or part exchange guns and say 'it is all working as it should' but on closer inspection there are all sorts of faults.

They will also say it is 'hardly used' when it is obviously about work out.

'Not a mark on it' is another one to watch out for.

As I do not often buy from other RFD's these are mostly private individuals so it seems it is always 'buyer beware'.

You are showing as being in Coventry, I do not know any RFD's around Coventry but Rugby Gunshop always seem ready to help and they do deal with Browning so perhaps they will order the piston for you?

Regards,

Tony.

Hello Tony I had it sent via RFD to a gun shop in Solihull that is not far from me. The Rugby Gunshop are top notch and as you say very keen to advise I will try them. Perhaps this posting will alert and inform our fellow shooters.

Many thanks

John.

Edited by dingo45