Larsen Trap

Around my girlfriends place they are over run with magpies, you can regularly see them in multiple groups of 5 or more, they already have a trap, but its old, tired and slightly rotten, it also springs both sides every times a bird is caught, reducing chances of catching another.

A local shooting/feed place wants over £100 for a wooden made one - I reckon some 2x1 batten and some chicken wire and i can make one myself for under £20.

So has anyone got any plans/pictures/good ways to make a good wooden trap that will last? Are there any designs that are better than others?

Look forward to some replies, Sam :good:

Around my girlfriends place they are over run with magpies, you can regularly see them in multiple groups of 5 or more, they already have a trap, but its old, tired and slightly rotten, it also springs both sides every times a bird is caught, reducing chances of catching another.

A local shooting/feed place wants over £100 for a wooden made one - I reckon some 2x1 batten and some chicken wire and i can make one myself for under £20.

So has anyone got any plans/pictures/good ways to make a good wooden trap that will last? Are there any designs that are better than others?

You have PM.

:good: D2D

You can't beat 2 inch galv.weld mesh, at 100 yds all you can see is magpie or crow bouncing about, good to attract birds and good so that antis or vandals can't see the trap. You need one and a half 8x4 sheets, two springs, and about 70 clear cable ties, to make a double banger trap. Side opener for crows, top opener for magpies, but they'll both still catch both species.

Andy