PHEASANTS ORDERED

ciltalgarth

I have just ordered my pheasants for my shoot at home on the farm for this year. I have ordered 200 pheasants and looking to dig a pond out and order 50 duck but still a bit of work to plan and do before ordering them(getting the JCB in and fencing it off).

The wood that these birds will be released in is great for woodcock so i don't want to put to many birds down in the first year and over do it and maybe put off the woodcock ,it will also be a test to see where the pheasant go and prefer to be.

As Don and Rob will tell you ( as they joined me on a day there last season) the wood is on a steep bank and will produce some really high pheasants and on a windy day fast ones too. :angry::lol::lol:

I will keep you all up to date how things are going and maybe a few pics too.

Heres a few pics of the wood

post-2606-1177364212.jpg

post-2606-1177364231.jpg

I have just ordered my pheasants for my shoot at home on the farm for this year. I have ordered 200 pheasants and looking to dig a pond out and order 50 duck but still a bit of work to plan and do before ordering them(getting the JCB in and fencing it off).

The wood that these birds will be released in is great for woodcock so i don't want to put to many birds down in the first year and over do it and maybe put off the woodcock ,it will also be a test to see where the pheasant go and prefer to be.

As Don and Rob will tell you ( as they joined me on a day there last season) the wood is on a steep bank and will produce some really high pheasants and on a windy day fast ones too. :lol::lol::lol:

I will keep you all up to date how things are going and maybe a few pics too.

Heres a few pics of the wood

[

/quote]

Hi from the pics it looks a tad barren for holding birds, have you any plans for a few feed strips leading into the wood or blocks to shoot back to it?

This is probably there but not shown in pics, Good luck with the duck project.

:angry: D2D

Would be a good idea to put some sort of cover on the adjacent hill, or use the bracken as a feed ride then push the birds from the cover back to the wood, otherwise you have the worry of pushing the whole wood through-uphill and the birds turning on themselves because there is no where attractive for them to go. Happens with one of my woods.

Look like they would be crackingly high birds from that mate.

Good luck! :angry: We are putting down around 180 this year. a few more than last, got some more cover strips going in aswell/

Alex

Thanks for your replies guys.

There is plenty off cover there but as D2D said its not really shown in the pictures, but i would still like to add one small crop but it will have to wait till next year i have to many other thinks to sort out this year.

As for you Rob with your offer to join me in dropping a few birdsor not and offering me a gun is excepted ill take the Beretta if you don't mind. :blush::sly::lol: