whistle pitch

TONY R

I have used 211 1/2 on Labs ESS GSPs over the years, now i lost my only 211 1/2 whistle last week and have been using an old stag horn whistle out of the drawer, dogs seem to be ok with it.

I remember reading some where HPRs should have a 640 whistle and i thought about getting one or a 212 which a friend uses with his GWPs .

Am i just going to waste my time and should i just buy anytrhing like a 210 1/2 or another 211 1/2 or is there some evidence the 640 or 212 might be worth my wile trying. What have you found re these whistles. ?

I have 7-8 whistles of different pitches some with a pea in, every morning I grab the first whistle I find. I have two labs and a jack Russell it makes no difference to the dogs they respond to them all.It depends how you blow it not what you blow.So just go out and buy a whistle

Edited by geordieh

Spaniels tend to be trained to the 210 1/2 and retrievers 211 1/2. I have a cocker and a lab and both ignore the others whistles and just respond to theirs. Well the cocker does and the lab might respond if he's feeling like it at the time.

Just keep it consistent, whatever you start with just stick with it.

Edited by steverob