a strange day on the birds

brooke

went to some of the farms i have in yorkshire,drove around and could see nothing,all the crops are now getting high and the rape had nothing at all flighting it.

while in the van we noticed a few crows flighting over a tree at the top of the farm,nothing to lose so we decided to set up and see what happened (after all i wanted to try the new hide poles and stealth net).

set out a few crow decoys and about twenty pigeon shells on spring sticks.

could not believe the results,almost instant,bang ........the first woodie,followed minutes later by a second.

these were put onto bouncers and we never looked back,birds in and out all throughout the day.

we ended the afternoon with 45 woodies picked up,4 crows and even a rabbit that strayed into the decoys.

as we packed up there was still birds coming to the field,and even our movements were not putting them off.

the field we shot was half ploughed and the other half grass (spread with muck),the decoys were set between both but most decoyed to the ones on the green side.

just goes to show that even though there seems to be nothing around its always worth a go.........you never know whats gonna happen.

as always the farmer very happy with the results.

went to some of the farms i have in yorkshire,drove around and could see nothing,all the crops are now getting high and the rape had nothing at all flighting it.

while in the van we noticed a few crows flighting over a tree at the top of the farm,nothing to lose so we decided to set up and see what happened (after all i wanted to try the new hide poles and stealth net).

set out a few crow decoys and about twenty pigeon shells on spring sticks.

could not believe the results,almost instant,bang ........the first woodie,followed minutes later by a second.

these were put onto bouncers and we never looked back,birds in and out all throughout the day.

we ended the afternoon with 45 woodies picked up,4 crows and even a rabbit that strayed into the decoys.

as we packed up there was still birds coming to the field,and even our movements were not putting them off.

the field we shot was half ploughed and the other half grass (spread with muck),the decoys were set between both but most decoyed to the ones on the green side.

just goes to show that even though there seems to be nothing around its always worth a go.........you never know whats gonna happen.

as always the farmer very happy with the results.

what was your verdict on the net and poles, am about to order one of Pigeon-##############. ukshootwarehouse's sister site.

poles are the twist lock type,good strong poles.

the net is the stealth netting and i had my doubts,but after using it i would'nt use anything else now.

very light weight and folds into a very small package,i now carry all my gear in one bag and saves on space.

i was looking at it from the field and thought that the birds would see us but they just kept coming and even the rabbit didnt see us until it was too late.

better than the army netting ive used for the last two years.

poles are the twist lock type,good strong poles.

the net is the stealth netting and i had my doubts,but after using it i would'nt use anything else now.

very light weight and folds into a very small package,i now carry all my gear in one bag and saves on space.

i was looking at it from the field and thought that the birds would see us but they just kept coming and even the rabbit didnt see us until it was too late.

better than the army netting ive used for the last two years.

brilliant thanks mate, exactly what I wanted to hear :whistling: