CIWF HANDOUT

red_stag88

GRRRRAAARRRGG,

Today in biology, I was given a handout on genetics and selctive breeding. This was printed and published by the CIWF, and frankly was a load of moaning, patronising, incorrect, properganderist (another of my own words) drivlle. It was written in such a manner that it would lead you to belive that a Dairy cow was being pulled to the ground under the weight of her udder, only being milked twice a day where as if it were a wild cow the calf would take milk 10 times a day. However the dairy cow would be compleatly drained twice daily and the wild not. They dont tell you that the dairy would develope to carry its udder.

They also came out with the speil about how a chicken in a farm will lay 300 eggs a year, and a 'jungle fowl' only 20. I have 6 'wild' chickens, and they will lay an egg a day. The chickens in the farms are not 'jungle fowl' anyway!!!

I complaind that the teachers opinions should not be stressed upon us, but giving us bias pieces of cr*p as hand outs, he oppolgised and then explaned that he was trying to show the pros and cons of selective breeding. He could have done it without this piece of toilet paper!

Next lesson I expect to see a leaflet from the CA, BASC, NAF etc.

Rant over