American Gods

lord_seagrave

I read the book a looooong time ago, to be fair the series seems to be sticking pretty close to the book. I like the photography of it too so far, lots of 'faces' and they worked quite a bit on the contrast. Only character I don't like as much is 'the kid' as he's a bit too plastic. I'd have imagined something a bit more tron-like.

Well i could give you spoilers if you like, but it's not supposed to be clear, it's supposed to be pretty muddy, and things start to become clearer but it's only really at the end that all the bits come together really...

Small spoiler ahead, no plot details revealed:

Perhaps what I can tell you simply is that the idea is that people 'create' their gods by believing in them... so there's quite a few old gods incarnations around; even old, forgotten ones, powerless and bitter. And america having received so many waves of migrants, there's a whole pantheon out there... And there's some new gods as well...

Edited by buze

I'm sticking with it because it was described as "the next Game of Thrones" but after two episodes still don't have a clue whats going on or whether there is even a clear story line.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Trouble is, I'm not sure I can be bothered to stick it out.

I read the first GOT book a while ago, and so I stuck with the first couple of episodes of the TV show, even though Lady Seagrave thought they were rather slow and confusing (we are now hooked, by the way).

LS