batterys

All depends on which magnet it is, what you have on the arms, how windy it is and if you have a speed controller or not.

Cheap speed controllers don't save the battery by having it slower, they use the same power and will run the battery flat at the same rate no matter what speed.

Lead acid batteries are rated in ampere hours, or Ah. Most folk seem to manage with 17Ah, however you'd have to define "all day". You'd need something considerably bigger if you mean 7am - 8pm :lol:

If you have a cheap multi-meter you can put it onto the DC Amps setting and stick the probes across the terminals of the magnet or speed controller (magnet side) and see what it is drawing. Take that ampere reading and times it out by the number of hours you want and buy a battery of that size.

You want to buy a "leisure" or "deep cycle" battery, if you run normal lead acid batteries flat you destroy them and they will be useless in under a year.

cheers

il have a look

its just mine run down in a few hours.

but i think one is a bit dud.

one runs for 4-5 hours.

the other

about 2

but theyr th same!

It sounds to me as if they both need to be put in the bin. I use a 17AH on my rotary for the last 2 yrs and i works from say 6 am till 9 pm but gettting slower in the last few hrs but still going to attract the pigeons in. Splash out some cash and buy x2 17AH batt! and dont run them flat - When you charge them up use a charger that very slowly charges them. If you use a fast charger this can also damage your batt! - GOOD LUCK :good: