bad laws

benellirocks

having been "in the mob" (god I hate that phrase) myself, learned "all about smallarms" while I was there and, of course how to shoot all kinds of weapons .............................yawn!

I later found myself as a range officer of a shooting club and dreaded training up new members who knew all about firearms because they'd "BEEN IN THE MOB". They were amongst the most dangerous people I ever had to train up to shoot properly with appropriate weapons handling. There's a big difference between how HM Forces do it and the proper way.

As a matter of interest I learned far more about handling firearms and shooting properly AFTER I came out of the Forces, not whilst I was in.

Dave

i love shooting and have done vairous forms of shooting since childhood im about to go for my f.a.c

i think the law is quite reasonable..ed

I applied for my f.a.c. at Christmas. Still waiting! Perhaps your views on the law and how reasonable they are will change over the next 6 months whilst you're waiting for your f.a.c.

yeah i suppose 6 months is a bit excesive,beurocracy is rife in this country,and i have heard it can take a while for them to give you your ticket.but im not in any huge rush,i can still use our club guns in the meantime.so im not too bothered if it takes a while,as i can try out various things and then maybe make a better choice of what gun to get.

i feel lucky enough as it is,living in london i dont get many opportunities to shoot and thought i would never get an f.a.c at all,as most clubs wont let you just turn up.

luckily for me an old work mate was a member of a club and brought me down for a night,i joined and here we are.i did my probationary about 4 months ago and just got round to sorting out the ticket last week.im quite content to wait a while,as i plan to shoot for a very long time in the future....ed :good: